In addition to our general privacy statement, which you can access at this link, you will find here, especially for the use of our website, further information on data protection.
Section 1 Collection of personal data during visits to our Web site (including cookies)
1) When you use the Web site for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our Web site, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our Web site to you and to guarantee stability and security (the legal basis for this is Article 6, Paragraph 1, Point f GDPR):
The data collected will be deleted as soon as it is no longer required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. In the case of data collection for provision of the Web site, this applies when the respective session has ended.
2) In addition to the collection of the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our Web site.
Cookies are small text files assigned to the browser you are using and that are stored on your hard disk. Through these, certain information is passed to the party that sets the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Web offering more user-friendly and efficient.
a) This Web site uses the following types of cookies, the scope and function of which are explained below:
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These include, in particular, session cookies.
These store a "session ID", which allows the various requests from your browser to be assigned to a single common session.
This allows your computer to be recognized when you return to our Web site. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser. The legal basis for processing using these cookies is Article 6 Paragraph 1, Point f of the GDPR, with our legitimate interests arising from ensuring the functionality of our Web site.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time using the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that in this event you may not be able to use all functions of this Web site.
Section 2 Links to other Web sites
Our Web sites contain links to other Web sites. We are not responsible for the data protection policies or the content of these other Web sites.
Section 3 Use of Google Analytics
1) This Web site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer to help the Web site analyze how you use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Web site (including your IP address) will generally be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. If IP anonymization is activated on this Web site, your IP address will, however, within Member States of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area, be truncated by Google beforehand. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the United States and truncated. On behalf of the operator of this Web site, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Web site, compiling reports on Web site activity for Web site operators and providing other services relating to Web site activity and Internet usage.
2) The IP address transferred by your browser within the scope of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
3) You can prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser software. However, we would like to point out that if you do so, it may not be possible for you to make use of the full scope of all this Web site's functions.
You can also prevent the data generated by the cookie and related to your usage of this Web site (including your IP address) from being conveyed to and processed by Google by downloading and installing a browser plug-in available through the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
4) This Web site uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". This causes IP addresses to be truncated before they are further processed, meaning that it is not possible for them to be associated to a single person. If the data collected about you can be associated with a single person, this association is immediately excluded, hence immediately deleting the personal data.
5) The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6, Paragraph 1, Point f GDPR. We use Google Analytics in order to analyze the way in which our Web site is used and to improve the Web site on a regular basis. The resulting statistics allow us to improve our content and make it more interesting for you as a user. These purposes form our legitimate interest in processing personal data pursuant to Article 6, Paragraph 1, Point f GDPR. In respect of the exceptional cases where personal data is transmitted to the United States, Google has signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield,
6) Third-party information:
Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
Section 4 Other functions and content on our Web site
In addition to its use purely as a source of information, our Web site offers a range of different services that you can use if they are of interest to you. In order to do this, you will usually have to provide additional personal data, which we use to provide the relevant service and to which the principles of data processing as laid down in the requirements of the GDPR also apply.
Our Web site allows you to subscribe to a newsletter free of charge. When you register for the newsletter, the data you
enter in the form is transmitted to us. This applies to the following items:
– Email address
– Last name
You also have the option of sending us your title and first name if you wish.
This data will be used exclusively for the purpose of sending the newsletter. If the data is used for other purposes, this is done anonymously.
The legal basis for processing this data after users subscribe to the newsletter is Article 6, Paragraph 1, Point a GDPR, provided that the user has given consent.
The user's email address is collected to allow the newsletter to be delivered.
The collection of other personal data within the registration process serves to prevent misuse of the services or the email address used and to address you personally in the newsletter.
The data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. The user's email address will therefore be stored for as long as the subscription to the newsletter is active.
You can revoke your consent at any time with future effect without incurring any costs other than transmission costs at basic tariff. In particular, you have the option of cancelling your subscription and unsubscribing from the newsletter.
You will find a link to unsubscribe in each newsletter.
b) Email contact
You can contact us via the email addresses for our contact persons provided on our Web site. In this event, the sender's email address, the senders IP address and the content data of the email are processed. The legal basis is Article 6, Paragraph 1, Point f GDPR, whereby we have a legitimate interest in answering the associated contact inquiries. In this context, no data will be passed on to third parties. The data is used exclusively for processing the conversation.
You also have the opportunity to register on our Web site. In this event, the following information you provide will be processed:
– First name, last name
– Company, department
– Work address
– Work phone number and email address
– User name and password
The data will be processed to give you access to the ASM SMT tools including our WebShop for customers.
The processing takes place on the basis of Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 letter b or f GDPR and is necessary for the execution of a contract, or serves our legitimate interests as a contact person for our customers for a quick and easy access to our tool.
d) Use of social media plug-ins
In some cases we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly monitored.
e) Promotions, competitions, contracts and similar services
Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer special promotions, competitions, contracts or similar services in collaboration with partners. You can obtain more detailed information on this when you enter your personal data or at the bottom of the description of the relevant offering.
If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this in the description of the offering.
Section 5 No obligation to provide
You are neither contractually nor legally required to provide us with your personal information. However, should you, for example through technical measures, preventing us from receiving data required for the use of our website, it is possible that you will not be able to use our website, or only to a limited extent.
In the case of ordering a newsletter or sending a request, there is also neither a contractual nor a legal obligation to provide the data. However, if you do not to provide the data it may result in us not sending you a newsletter or responding to your contact request